Tools and Ingredients for THC-A Tincture
- 7g cannabis 20% THC-A
- Several ounces of 100% Ethanol (this doesn’t have to be exact)
- Coffee filter
- Small bowl
- 24 ml light oil like canola (this needs to be exact. Use a graduated cylinder like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019W5T4CS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
- 1 ml lemon extract (also needs to be exact)
- 2 oz tincture bottle with graduated dropper; You can find an example here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9PCHBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
- Plastic pipettes; You can find an example here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z4QVZ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
- Grind and weigh cannabis, place in small bowl
- Freeze cannabis and ethanol overnight
- Add cold ethanol to a small bowl with cannabis, return to freezer for 30 minutes
- Drain ethanol and cannabis into another small bowl through the coffee filter.
- Squeeze filter to get all liquid out. Discard filter and cannabis.
- Place bowl with cannabis extract in well ventilated but cool location until completely dried up. This may take 1-2 days.
- Add 24 ml of oil and 1 ml of lemon extract to bowl. Let sit overnight.
- Using pipette stir any undissolved material off the bottom of the bowl to get into solution. Transfer the oil to the tincture bottle. Label THC-A 40mg/ml.
See my article on THC-A for use guidelines.